8.02.2012

Gilroy Garlic Festival

Last Friday I attended the Gilroy Garlic Festival for the first time w/ mom & grandma :)
There was music, vendors selling interesting items, beautiful weather, & of course delicious food! I got some world famous garlic fries & devoured them in about 30 seconds lol. It wasn't packed since we went on the first day, which i enjoyed because hot weather + hundreds of people bumping into each other = no fun at all. A huge negative for me was the music; way too much country... it would've been nice to hear a variety of genres.
I made sure to steer clear from the garlic ice cream! I am usually up for trying anything new, especially when it comes to food. However, a few years ago I tasted some wasabi ice cream, & it was the most dreadful thing i had ever eaten! After that experience I vowed to never eat strange flavored ice cream again. I wish i hadnt stuffed myself with garlic fries though, because i really wanted to try some fried gator that one vendor was selling! I don't know about the kangaroo though... that's too much for me lol.
Over all I had a good time. If you ever spend a summer in northern California, that's one event you should definitely attend :)

No comments: